Capital One typically offers a few secured and unsecured credit cards for college students, and both types of so-called Capital One student credit cards can help you achieve your primary goal at this stage in your financial life: building a solid credit history. The Capital One student credit card offers listed below might from time to time offer 0% APR intro periods and/or rewards as well, but these card features should be regarded as welcome secondary benefits and not relied upon. Your job in using a student credit card, whether it’s emblazoned with the Capital One brand or that…show more of another major issuer, is to pay your bill on time every single month and in full whenever possible. Doing so will help you qualify for a truly lucrative rewards or 0% credit card as quickly as possible.
As a side note, Capital One is one of the only issuers that lets you personalize your card with a photo of your choosing. The company also has a reputation for offering quality terms to newcomers, making it a good place to begin your student credit card search. Nevertheless, for variety’s sake, we recommend exploring the student credit card options available from other major issuers as well.
JourneySM Student Rewards from Capital One®
- 0% Purchases Not Offered
- 0% Transfers Not Offered
- Regular Rate 19.8% (V)
- Annual Fee None
- Rewards Rate 1% - 1.25% cash back
- Rewards Bonus None
- Minimum Credit Fair, Limited History
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase
- For every month you pay on time, you receive a 25% bonus–that's a total of 1.25% cash back.
- There's no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards don't expire.
- See All Reviews & Details About The JourneySM Student Rewards from Capital One®