Target Prepaid Card
- ACTIVATION FEE None
- MONTHLY FEE None
- SIGNATURE TRANSACTION FEE Free
- PIN TRANSACTION FEE Free
- ATM TRANSACTION FEE $3
Target Prepaid Card ’s Highlights
- Use your Card virtually anywhere in the U.S. where American Express Cards are welcome—even online and at ATMs that accept American Express.
- You can reload your Card as often as you wish. Adding funds is easy, either at Target stores, online or by phone.
- Fraud Protection: If your Card is lost or stolen, you will not pay for fraudulent charges.
- Save time by using Direct Deposit to automatically transfer all or part of your paycheck to your prepaid card. It's simple, secure, and can be set up by logging in to your account.
- Entertainment Access: Special savings, exclusive events, and advance tickets to the latest shows - your Card can get you in where others can't. Be among the first to know about some of the hottest events in music, sports and theater with Entertainment Access.
- American Express 24-Hour Customer Service.
- Reload: $3.00 per initial load at Target and each subsequent reload (other than online & phone reloads using your designated checking or savings account).
Target Prepaid Card ’s's Additional Info
- LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT Free
- AUTOMATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT Free
- RELOAD OPTIONS Direct Deposit, Bank Transfer
- CANCELLATION FEE Free
- INACTIVITY FEE None
Target Prepaid Card Reviews
Sure you can reload the card like any other prepaid card.
And it has fraud protection, Direct Deposit, no monthly fees etc.
But seriously, $3.00 to reload a card?
We have the Bluebird card from American Express and Walmart, with no reload fees and the same perks that the American Express Target Prepaid Card has.
So when choosing between Target's version and Walmart's version, it was a no-brainer.
The no start-up or monthly fees in good in contrast to other offers (Cap 1, Orchard, etc).
The ability to reload at a Target store is nice as well; it's convenient to be able to add cash to your card.
Also, it's AMEX; I doubt you'd go wrong!
The card itself has few fees. There are no annual or monthly fees, which are common with bank accounts and credit cards. Secondly, transactions cost nothing, with the exception of ATM withdrawals. There is one free ATM withdrawal a month, which is the obvious downfall to this card. After the initial withdrawal, $2 is charged per withdrawal, don't forget the ATM you use most likely has its own fee to add on top of that.
The benefit however, once you have the card is there is no cancellation fee, nor an inactivity fee, which is convenient since you can keep it around for later uses.
Compared to other prepaid cards I have used, this financial tool is less expensive and less fee based than most, making it a good selection for a prepaid card.… more
Another appealing feature, although rather limited in scope, is the single free ATM withdrawal available on the AMEX Prepaid Card, whereas the Bluebird Card does not offer any free ATM withdrawals unless the user has a predetermined direct deposit in place from an employer or governmental agency. Both cards offer online management of the cardholder account, and the American Express Prepaid Card may lead to an invitation from American Express to apply for a standard charge card.… more
If you are interested in the Target Prepaid Card , check out the following prepaid cards as well:
CardHub is an independent card comparison service.
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Once you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be directed to the issuer's website. Before applying, we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the Target Prepaid Card shown on this page.
Ad Disclosure: Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted toward the top of the page using the designation "Sponsored Card", when applicable. Advertising may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At CardHub we try to list as many credit card offers as possible and currently have more than 1,200 offers, but we do not make any representation of listing all available offers.
Regardless of advertiser status, none of the information on CardHub constitutes a referral or endorsement of the respective issuer by us, or vice versa. Furthermore, it is important to note that the inclusion of non-sponsored cards on CardHub does not indicate that issuer's involvement with the site. Information is displayed first and foremost for helping consumers make better credit card decisions.
Last updated on: Jun 27th, 2015 at 7:59 EDT