- Prepaid Card
- Network: American Express
- Online Response:Yes
- Rating:43.8 / 5 from 443 reviews Write a Review!
|Activation Fee None||Monthly Fee None|
|w / a Signature (most common) Free||w / a Pin Free||at an ATM 1 free ATM withdrawal per calendar month -- thereafter, $2 per withdrawal|
|Live Free||Automated Free|
|Cancellation Fee Free||Inactivity Fee None|
- The American Express Prepaid Card has no recurring fees. Unlike many other prepaid cards, you keep more of your money in your wallet—where it belongs.
- Add money online or by phone, from Direct Deposit, a bank account or with cash.
- You can add money to the Card using your bank account or cash until your balance equals $2,500, or using Direct Deposit until your balance equals $5,000. The maximum amount you may load to the Card in any month is $2,500 (bank account or cash); $5,000 (Direct Deposit).
- The American Express Prepaid Card comes with world-class Customer Service. Simply call us anytime, 24 hours a day at 1-866-207-7970.
- Build a financial track record with the American Express Prepaid Card. Use your Prepaid Card regularly and you may be invited to apply for an American Express Charge Card.
- Feel safe knowing that if the Card is lost or stolen you won't be responsible for fraudulent charges and American Express will replace the funds.
- Get up to three Cards -- Because you can order up to three Cards, you have the choice of giving them to the people you choose or keeping one for yourself. So you have the freedom to manage your own spending or use it to provide money to the other people in your life.
- 4 easy ways to load money into your prepaid card: 1) Direct Deposit (free); 2) Bank Account (free); 3) Load Cash with the Vanilla Reload Network™ ($3.95 fee); 4) Load Cash with MoneyPak® ($4.95 fee)
- Purchase protection, Roadside assistance, Emergency travel assistance.
- Direct Deposit
If you are interested in the American Express Prepaid Card, check out the following prepaid cards as well:
Compare the American Express Prepaid Card against other major online prepaid card offers.
- 0% APR Credit Cards
- Balance Transfer Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Cash Back Credit Cards
- Low Interest Credit Cards
- Prepaid Debit Cards
- Reward Credit Cards
- Secured Credit Cards
- Student Credit Cards
- Travel Rewards Credit Cards
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted on a card’s details page, when applicable.
Before applying for a credit card we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the American Express Prepaid Card shown on this page.
Last updated on: Dec 6th, 2013 at 7:02 EST
The online credit card
application for this card uses
Secure SSL Technology