- Minimum Credit Required: Fair, Limited History, Bad
- Network: MasterCard
- Online Response:No
- Secured Credit Card:Min Deposit of $300
- No credit history or minimum credit score required for approval.
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus to help build credit.
- Deposit held at FDIC-insured bank.
- Set your own credit limit, which is secured by your deposit of $300 - $2,000.
- The First Progress Platinum MasterCard Secured Card requires no credit history or minimum credit score for approval, but the refundable security deposit must be provided before a card can be issued. The new CARD Act regulations also require all credit card issuers to verify the identity of every applicant before approval. We can usually complete this identity verification using fast, automated methods, but it is sometimes necessary for us to contact an applicant in order to verify his or her identity. Applicants will receive their cards more quickly if they respond promptly to our call or letter relating to this verification process. Virtually every applicant who successfully provides the refundable security deposit and passes the identity verification step will be approved for the card. If you have applied for the card and have a question or want to check the status of your application, please call First Progress toll-free at (888) 403-4783.
|Annual Fee $44||Monthly Fee None||One-time Fees None|
|Purchase Rate 11.99% (V)||Grace Period 25 days|
|Cash Advance Rate 18.99% (V)||Cash Advance Fee 3% (min $10)|
|Max Late Fee $35||Max Overlimit Fee None||Max Penalty APR None|
If you currently have the First Progress Platinum Prestige MasterCard® Secured Credit Card and are satisfied or you like the terms of this credit card offer please let your friends know.
Share your experiences, thoughts or just ask a question:
- Robert Keefer:
Horrible company! BEWARE! This company doesn't have an option of auto pay. Here is what happened to me. I went online to there site and filled out the form that looks like your writing a check. I filed out everything and clicked the "make payment" button. the screen flashes blank and everything looks good to go. A few months later I get credit score alert that my scores have dropped over 50 points! When I look at my report I see First Progress has reported my account over 30 days late! I call First Progress right away and tell them this has already been paid. They said they payment never went through. I was shocked. I said I have never been late before and I will pay everything in full right now with you on the phone. They said I had to do it online and they could take my card over the phone. It took 4 times for me in input my information before it would go through. The prior 3 times the screen would just flash like the payment went through. I wouldn't get an error message but I check my online back to see the charge show up. each time it didn't I would enter the info again. The 4th time it went through I finally got an email conformation. I called back and told them about the system issue and they didn't care at all. I asked that they remove this 30 day late as their system is messed up and I did everything I could to pay this balance in full and on time and that I never been late before. They didn't care and were more than happy to ruin my credit so they could keep me stuck paying there high interested fees. After many more calls to reason with them and remove the 30 day late which has cost my family our home loan! I have cancelled the card. I will never have a credit card that doesn't offer auto payment options. This is one terrible company in my opinion.
June 2, 2013 at 12:52pm
- Michael David:
A good card to get if your credit limit is somewhat low or middling and you are trying to build it up as I was. You can set a credit limit of up to $2000 depending on the deposit you make to secure it then there is an annual fee of $44 which I've found to be about average. The rates aren't too bad and so long as payments are made in time it does indeed help build up your credit. There aren't any "extras" with the card (no points or rewards etc) but I suppose that's the reward you'll get when you build your credit up and can get approved for a prestige card!
February 8, 2013 at 04:20pm
- Amanda Wood:
I got this card to help me build my credit. I did not have credit when I got this card. The interest rate was not bad compared to other card that were available to me. Which is very important. Also the annual fee is not to bad. For 50.00 a year it is defiantly worth looking into this card because as long as you make sure you make your payments on time then this card will help you build your credit. You cant get anything in life with out having good credit you need to start when you are 18 and make sure you always pay it on time. This company also gives you a grace period which helps. Customer service is great always very nice.
September 27, 2012 at 02:30pm
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted on a card’s details page, when applicable.
Before applying for a credit card we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the First Progress Platinum Prestige MasterCard® Secured Credit Card shown on this page.
The card information shown on this page was last updated: June 6th, 2013 at 5:14 EDT
The online credit card
application for this card uses
Secure SSL Technology