First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card
- ONE-TIME FEES None
- ANNUAL FEE $39
- MONTHLY FEE None
- REGULAR RATE 14.99% (V)
- GRACE PERIOD 25 days
First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card's Highlights
- Full-feature Platinum MasterCard secured credit card.
- No credit history or minimum credit score required for approval.
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus to help build credit.
- Set your own credit limit, which is secured by your deposit of $300 - $2,000.
- Deposit held at FDIC-insured bank.
- 24/7 access to your account online.
- The First Progress Platinum MasterCard Secured Card requires no credit history or minimum credit score for approval, but the refundable security deposit must be provided before a card can be issued. The new CARD Act regulations also require all credit card issuers to verify the identity of every applicant before approval. We can usually complete this identity verification using fast, automated methods, but it is sometimes necessary for us to contact an applicant in order to verify his or her identity. Applicants will receive their cards more quickly if they respond promptly to our call or letter relating to this verification process. Virtually every applicant who successfully provides the refundable security deposit and passes the identity verification step will be approved for the card. If you have applied for the card and have a question or want to check the status of your application, please call First Progress toll-free at (888) 403-4783.
- Receive your card more quickly with new Expedited Processing option.
First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card's Additional Info
- MAX LATE FEE $37
- MAX OVERLIMIT FEE None
- MAX PENALTY APR None
- CASH ADVANCE RATE 19.99% (V)
- CASH ADVANCE FEE 3% (min $10)
First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card Reviews
Great card , haven't had any issues at all with it. I didn't have bad credit I am the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't have any. With the help of this secured card and another I have built up enough credit history to hopefully get into a real credit card. Never an issue and works everywhere.
I am looking for a secured credit card which can be later converted to unsecured in Canada. Can you help?
I did not complete application but First Progress immediately without authorization charged my account by $300 and did not respond to my req to refund it.
If you are interested in the First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card, check out the following credit cards as well:
First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card is related to the following categories:
CardHub is an independent card comparison service.
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Once you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be directed to the issuer's website. Before applying, we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card shown on this page.
Ad Disclosure: Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted toward the top of the page using the designation "Sponsored Card", when applicable. Advertising may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At CardHub we try to list as many credit card offers as possible and currently have more than 1,200 offers, but we do not make any representation of listing all available offers.
Regardless of advertiser status, none of the information on CardHub constitutes a referral or endorsement of the respective issuer by us, or vice versa. Furthermore, it is important to note that the inclusion of non-sponsored cards on CardHub does not indicate that issuer's involvement with the site. Information is displayed first and foremost for helping consumers make better credit card decisions.
Last updated on: Sep 1st, 2014 at 12:01 EDT