Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa® Card
- ACTIVATION FEE None
- MONTHLY FEE $5.95
- SIGNATURE TRANSACTION FEE Free
- PIN TRANSACTION FEE Free
- ATM TRANSACTION FEE $2.50
Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa® Card’s Highlights
- $0 Activation Online - with no credit check.
- Free nationwide ATM network of over 22,000 MoneyPass® ATMs.
- Free Direct Deposit.
- Free Online Bill Pay - No special trips to pay your bills, no need to write checks, or pay for stamps.
- No charge to Reload your card with Direct Deposit. Reloading your card at a retailer will cost up to $4.95.
- No Overdraft fees.
- No Transaction fees on US purchases.
- If you use your card outside of the 50 United States, a fee equal to 3% of the transaction amount will apply.
- *Monthly fee: $5.95; Waived if you load at least $1,000 or make at least 30 purchases in a month.
Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa® Card’s's Additional Info
- LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT Free
- AUTOMATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT Free
- RELOAD OPTIONS Direct Deposit, GreenDot, Cash Reload, Bank Transfer, Check Reload
- CANCELLATION FEE Free
- INACTIVITY FEE None
Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa® Card Reviews
I sent a message as well... the web says it is unsecured so there has been no response. I want to cancel the card but am put into a loop instead.
Green Dot...you suck and I better see my money in the two days you had promised. I promise you, I will writer reviews worse than this one, and post them everywhere!! I hope you read this.… more
We do the usual - entering the 16 digit number etc, and it fails to go through. Wait a day for the $1 hold to get back on the cards because we only put enough on there to pay for the game. Try again. Still isn't working. I talked to the game company customer support and they said it wasn't on their end, that it was the card company.
We called them THREE DIFFERENT TIMES (because apparently their "live" chat is always closed) to have someone explain and/or fix this problem for us. All we got were rude women who could barely speak proper English and made it very clear that they could care less about our problem. The last person we talked to even said "Oh well" when my husband told them that they are selling us a product and they need to fix the problem for us.
Needless to say we will never use Green Dot again. If I could give them less than one star I would.… more
Your system gets too much information incorrectly. A waste of time, I wish you were more customer friendly? Too hard to get refund, so I'll only use you this time. I already paid for it! Very unsatisfied!!! No stars for you
get back to me immediately!!!!
1. You can reload your card from your bank account through an ACH transfer. Contact your bank and ask about the steps you have to follow in order to make the transfer. Please note that not all banks offer that option. Also, the bank may charge a fee for this transaction whereas Green Dot does not. You will need the following information: a) Your Green Dot account number. You can go here >> https://www.greendot.com/greendot/login in order to see it. b) Your ABA Routing Number. If you don’t know this number you can contact Green Dot’s customer service at 1-866-795-7597 and they will tell you.
2. Add money using a MoneyPak. You can follow the instructions here >> https://www.moneypak.com/ReloadHowItWorks.aspx… more
You cannot use a temporary card to make a withdrawal from an ATM or a bank teller.
1. You can send a text message from your mobile phone but in order to do that you have to know the last four digits of your card’s number. For example, if the last four digits are “5555” in order to check your balance you should send “Bal 5555” to 43411. If you want to check your transaction history send “HIST 5555” to the same phone number. Before using this service you have to register your mobile number by going here >> https://www.greendot.com/greendot/login
Green Dot does not charge you for receiving text messages; however your carrier’s rates for sending text messages still apply.
2. You can also go here >> https://www.greendot.com/greendot/login , log into your account and check your balance and transactions.… more
If your balance is negative the company may deduct the amount from any funds you may add in the future to this or any other Green Dot prepaid card you maintain or register. Also, the company may choose to cancel a card with negative balance without notice. Finally, since this is a prepaid card and not a credit card, it will not affect your credit standing.… more
You should be able to use the same login information to access your account via Green Dot’s mobile app. If you are still unable to sign in, call customer service and they should be able to help.
1. Call Green Dot and ask them for assistance. You may have already done so and we'd love to hear what they said if you have.
2. If that doesn’t / didn't solve your problem, you should contact the merchant you purchased your furniture from. Merchants are able to provide a credit on a different card but prefer not to do so because they don't get back the interchange fee that they have already incurred. You could ask the merchant to either issue you a check or credit on a different credit card / debit card. To make it happen you could also offer to cover the costs of the transaction, which maybe around 2%-3% of total price.… more
I want to know if it is possible to receive money on this card through PayPal or just shopping?
I'm selling jewelry, so I have to receive payment from my customers.
Who else is having this problem? I'm frustrated to say the least!
# 1 ABOVE ALL! You must get the VIP membership to the card when you sign up for it If you lose your card... and you are not on the VIP membership you have NO MONEY UNTILL A NEW CARD IS SENT TO YOU 7-10 business days. I had financial problems so I used this card temporarily to deposit my pay checks into.... BAD MOVE. I lost the card and had no money.... THERE IS NOT AN OPTION TO SEND ONE FED EX OVERNIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE VIP MEMBERSHIP WHEN YOU SIGN UP. THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT. I DOn't CARE IF YOU TRY TO PAY THEM 1000 Dollars... you are not going to get a card for 7-10 business days.
#2 To the uneducated wankers who are crying they cant use it for gaming.... You need to wait untill you get the card with your name on it sent to you. Than you can use it ANYWHERE VISA IS ACCEPTED NO PROBLEM! Read the fucking Manual!
#3 Everybody is in business to make money and they WILL GET Yours... don't be a fool.
#4 If you try to do a balance inquiry you WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU are not at one of their ATMS.
#5 The fucking idiot that says this is the way to go instead of a bank in your home town is a fucking douche bag dumb ass.
#6 You Will pay Green dot AND the ATM money for withdrawing money... a double penalty....
How many people are going to drive out of their way so you can withdraw money with no penalty when your out having a good time with your friends.....not many.... if there is a ATM there and you need money you just lost money pissing it in the wind.
Do yourself a favour... Do it like Mom and dad did and go to a bank... with people in it... from your own town...
Now that finances are straight I wouldn't be caught dead with one of these cards.
Just remember if your going to get one READ RULE #1 and make sure your a VIP member..Write your card number down... if you lose it you will never speak to a human on their help line without the vital 3 digit number on the back and the 16 digit card number.
Joe Weiders comments are fucking stupid.Maybe for him these 18000 atms are great but here where I live and certain situations that 18000 atm # didn't do squat.
You WILL NOT PURCHASE AND LOAD THIS CARD AND PLAY GAMES OR BET ONLINE Instantly... YOU HAE TO WAIT UNTILL YOU GET THE CARD WITH YOUR NAME ON IT IN THE MAIL.....
any that I can purchase to meet my needs?
Those cards are temporary cards that you can use to pay for purchases until your permanent card arrives in the mail. The temporary card can be reloaded with money after Green Dot has successfully verified your identity. Neither the temporary card nor the permanent cards are intended to be given as gifts.
No Temporary Card or Temporary Card Number can be used where a PIN is required (including ATMs) or with merchants outside the U.S. (including foreign websites).
Here is the link for verifying your identity and setting up your permanent account:
I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion!… more
1) You will be charged a 3% foreign transaction fee every time you use the card
2) You should call customer service and let them know of your travel plans so that they do not decline any transactions from the countries you will be traveling to.
Please keep us posted since this is a very interesting situation.
This is a PREPAID CARD.....so therefore no CREDIT CHECK....even if there was a credit check my should be the same on there also!
PLEASE HELP HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM?… more
As a next step please go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/ and get for FREE a copy of each of your 3 major credit reports. Look at them to make sure that your name and address are correct and there is nothing suspicious in there. If everything looks ok then the issue is on GreenDot's side and if that is the case then you should try a different prepaid card company. Here are some options: http://www.cardhub.com/prepaid-cards/
If there are issues on your credit reports then you should get them fixed - http://www.cardhub.com/edu/credit-report-dispute/
Please let us know how things go. Good luck!… more
What you need to buy are gift cards instead:
He already bought a Gold GD card it’s not active yet. Or should he get a different card. He is also going to travel for 3 months in Canada and then back to the US again. Any advice thank you. … more
SilverCard Prepaid > http://www.cardhub.com/d/silvercard-prepaid-mastercard-236c/ (allows PayPal transfers in addition to bank transfers)
Amex Prepaid > http://www.cardhub.com/d/american-express-prepaid-card-569c/
Also you might want to consider opening a checking account for your kid with the same bank that you currently use so that you can easily transfer money from one account to another.
Last but not least, you may also want to consider co-signing for a student credit card that you can then pay online every month. That way you will enable your kid to build up their credit history at the same time, which as you know can be a tremendous asset. Here is a list of student credit cards to consider:
Also is it possible that GreenDot does not have your correct SSN or Address info because of a typo or something? You should also confirm with them that they do because that might also be causing the issue.
Please keep us posted and will try your best to help you!
So depending on where you are planning to use your prepaid card you should check whether they accept Visa or MasterCard or both and then apply for the least expensive card.
,but watch out for the ATM fees on that card because unlike the Green Dot Card it does not have any in-network ATM's where you can withdraw cash with $0 fees.
According to Green Dot's terms and conditions they say:
"When you signed up for the Card, we mailed a Personalized Card to you. Before you can use your Personalized Card, you will need to activate it and choose a Personal Identification Number ("PIN") by phone at the number on the sticker on the Personalized Card, respectively. You cannot use or reload your Personalized Card until you activate it."
So maybe you already have the PIN that you need for making purchases and pressing debit on the POS terminal.… more
As a result, prepaid cards are not suited to be given as gifts. Instead you should look at purely gift card options, which are also offered by Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover. Finally, keep in mind that gift cards that are not associated with a particular store carry fees. Here is a link to lots of different gift card options:
http://gifts.cardhub.com/us/gift-cards/ … more
It is highly recommended that you call Green Dot and notify them prior to using your card internationally so that your transaction(s) does not get flagged as fraudulent and gets declined. Also please keep in mind that there is a 3% international transaction fee.
When you call them please confirm the above fee structure and let us know if it is not correct. Have a great time!
Please keep in mind that depending on your employer it might take up to 1 month in order to see your paychecks deposited directly on your prepaid card or checking account.
If you are interested in the Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa® Card, check out the following prepaid cards as well:
CardHub is an independent card comparison service.
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Once you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be directed to the issuer's website. Before applying, we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa® Card shown on this page.
Ad Disclosure: Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted toward the top of the page using the designation "Sponsored Card", when applicable. Advertising may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At CardHub we try to list as many credit card offers as possible and currently have more than 1,200 offers, but we do not make any representation of listing all available offers.
Regardless of advertiser status, none of the information on CardHub constitutes a referral or endorsement of the respective issuer by us, or vice versa. Furthermore, it is important to note that the inclusion of non-sponsored cards on CardHub does not indicate that issuer's involvement with the site. Information is displayed first and foremost for helping consumers make better credit card decisions.
Last updated on: Jul 3rd, 2015 at 1:39 EDT