The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Earn 40,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- With the Platinum Card, you can receive up to $200 a year in statement credits for airline incidental fees like checked bags fees, flight-change fees, and snacks.
- To receive the statement credit, you need to enroll and select a qualifying airline.
- There are no foreign transaction fees with purchases made on your Platinum Card.
- Platinum Card Concierge is your personal resource to help secure a last minute restaurant reservation, or shop for a hard-to-find gift.
- ANNUAL FEE $450
- LATE FEE $37 or 2.99% of the past due amount, whichever is greater
The Platinum Card® from American Express's Additional Info
- Terms and restrictions apply.
- This American Express Card has no preset spending limit, giving you purchasing power that adjusts with your use of the card.
- No preset spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors including spending patterns, your payment history, your credit history, and financial resources known to us.
The Platinum Card® from American Express Reviews
Pros: 25000 Membership benefits.
I get to use Amazon Prime.
No Foreign Transaction Fees.
Cons: No predetermined credit limit.
$450 Annual Fees
What I don’t like about the credit card is that you have to pay the full balance every month, which can be good or bad, depending on the situation.
If you are interested in the The Platinum Card® from American Express, check out the following credit cards as well:
The Platinum Card® from American Express is related to the following categories:
CardHub is an independent card comparison service.
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted toward the top of the page using the designation "Sponsored Card", when applicable.
Regardless of advertiser status, none of the information on CardHub constitutes a referral or endorsement of the respective issuer by us, or vice versa. Furthermore, it is important to note that the inclusion of non-sponsored cards on CardHub does not indicate that issuer's involvement with the site. Information is displayed first and foremost for helping consumers make better credit card decisions.
Once you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be directed to the issuer's website. Before applying, we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the The Platinum Card® from American Express shown on this page.
Last updated on: Apr 8th, 2014 at 3:09 EDT