- Minimum Credit Required: Fair, Limited History, Bad
- Network: MasterCard
- Online Response:No
- Secured Credit Card:Min Deposit of $300
- Full-feature Platinum MasterCard secured credit card.
- No credit history or minimum credit score required for approval.
- Monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus to help build credit.
- Set your own credit limit, which is secured by your deposit of $300 - $2,000.
- Deposit held at FDIC-insured bank.
- 24/7 access to your account online.
- The First Progress Platinum MasterCard Secured Card requires no credit history or minimum credit score for approval, but the refundable security deposit must be provided before a card can be issued. The new CARD Act regulations also require all credit card issuers to verify the identity of every applicant before approval. We can usually complete this identity verification using fast, automated methods, but it is sometimes necessary for us to contact an applicant in order to verify his or her identity. Applicants will receive their cards more quickly if they respond promptly to our call or letter relating to this verification process. Virtually every applicant who successfully provides the refundable security deposit and passes the identity verification step will be approved for the card. If you have applied for the card and have a question or want to check the status of your application, please call First Progress toll-free at (888) 403-4783.
- Get your card in as little as 5 days if you select Express Processing, which costs $19.95.
|Annual Fee $29||Monthly Fee None||One-time Fees None|
|Purchase Rate 19.99% (V)||Grace Period 25 days|
|Cash Advance Rate 24.99% (V)||Cash Advance Fee 3% (min $10)|
|Max Late Fee $35||Max Overlimit Fee None||Max Penalty APR None|
If you currently have the First Progress Platinum Elite MasterCard® Secured Credit Card and are satisfied or you like the terms of this credit card offer please let your friends know.
Share your experiences, thoughts or just ask a question:
- Anonymous User:
This credit card is perfect for me as a college student. As a student, I definitely wanted a credit card going into college, as I wanted to make sure that I was able to have the ability to gain credit, while still having more financial support from my parents, in the way of tuition and other support. Thankfully, because of this card, I feel confident enough going into the "real world" from college, when I eventually graduate. My experiences with customer service have been great, because there were definitely a few times when I had questions about the card as a new credit card user. I'm glad to finally be developing a credit score with a card that has nice APR so that the lessons I learn aren't as financially hurtful as if the APR was higher.
April 26, 2013 at 01:18pm
- Sheli Carr:
After filing bankruptcy and foreclosing on our home, my husband and I needed to re-establish our credit in the worst way. This credit card was a blessing for us, as the annual fee was significantly lower than many of the other cards we researched. The APR is also reasonable. One of the main draws for us was the lack of an over the limit fee. I have had cards in the past that charge you over limit fees when interest charges push you over that limit. This card does not have that, and in months where our income is not where it should be (my husband works for tips) this is very helpful.
December 26, 2012 at 04:17pm
- Adrienne Dowling:
My credit is terrible. I have a foreclosure on my credit report that wont be coming off any time soon. I was looking for a card that was going to help me rebuild my credit and this was the best option. They have a lower APR than most, although they do ask for a higher deposit. I have had nothing but amazing customer service as well. My payment was late once, through no fault of mine, and they took responsibility for it being late and made sure it was not reported on my credit report and I was not charged a late fee. I like how they don't try to mess you around and are fairly open and honest with you. My credit report has gone up 16 points already with this card and I am stoked I came across this card.
October 11, 2012 at 05:44pm
- Shanna Harris:
I love my First Progress secured Mastercard! I agree with the other poster about the $300 deposit, it may seem like a lot now but it will pay for itself in the end. There are other secured cards out there, but in my opinion this is the best one out there due to the great APR and the fact that even someone like me with a credit rating that needs repair can get a card with such a reasonable rate. This card also reports to all three credit bureaus, so as long as you pay your card each month, your credit rating will get better as you use this card, it’s the perfect card to help rebuild your credit, I’m really happy I found this card.
September 27, 2012 at 01:43pm
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted on a card’s details page, when applicable.
Before applying for a credit card we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the First Progress Platinum Elite MasterCard® Secured Credit Card shown on this page.
The card information shown on this page was last updated: June 6th, 2013 at 5:14 EDT
The online credit card
application for this card uses
Secure SSL Technology