United MileagePlus® Explorer Card
- Start with 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Check your first bag for free - save up to $100 per roundtrip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- Earn double miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles every calendar year you spend at least $25,000 in net purchases on your card.
- Earn 5,000 additional bonus miles after you make a card purchase and add an authorized user to your account during your first 3 months as a cardmember.
- Stay in style with room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in, late checkout and other amenities at more than 900 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
- ANNUAL FEE None 1st yr, $95 after
FEE 5% (min $5)
United MileagePlus® Explorer Card’s Additional Info
- MAX LATE FEE $37
- MAX PENALTY APR None
- GRACE PERIOD 21 days
- ONLINE RESPONSE No
RATE 25.24% (V)
FEE 5% (min $10)
TRANSACTION FEE None
- SMART CHIP Yes, chip-and-signature
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Benefits: Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection, Price Protection, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Trip Delay Reimbursement, Lost Luggage Reimbursement and Baggage Delay Insurance.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about United MileagePlus® Explorer Card to our community.
anyone know if I have to live in the USA to be approved for this card? I travel on United all the time, but live in Australia.
Hey Won Buddy Lee I'd really love to get your thoughts on this card, since you seem to be the resident airline credit card expert!
Share your insights and review the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card.
CardHub is an independent card comparison service.
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Once you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be directed to the issuer's website. Before applying, we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card shown on this page.
Ad Disclosure: Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted toward the top of the page using the designation "Sponsored Card", when applicable. Advertising may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At CardHub we try to list as many credit card offers as possible and currently have more than 1,200 offers, but we do not make any representation of listing all available offers.
Regardless of advertiser status, none of the information on CardHub constitutes a referral or endorsement of the respective issuer by us, or vice versa. Furthermore, it is important to note that the inclusion of non-sponsored cards on CardHub does not indicate that issuer's involvement with the site. Information is displayed first and foremost for helping consumers make better credit card decisions.
User generated content on this page is not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase. In addition, it is not Chase's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Last updated on: Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:27 EDT