It’s a gut-wrenching feeling – reaching into your pocket, wallet or purse for your credit card and coming up empty. Yes, in this era of hackers and cybercrime, physically losing your credit card and potentially putting it into the hands of thieves is still a concern.
- Step 1: Check the Obvious Locations
- Step 2: Contact the Issuer
- Step 3: Update Payment Information
- Step 4: Are You Liable if Your Card is Lost or Stolen?
- Tips for Dealing with a Lost Credit Card
From a practical perspective, the first thing you should do if you lose your credit card is make sure it’s really lost. That means retracing your steps to the last places you are likely to have possessed and actually used your card. Below are some of the most common places that misplaced credit cards always seem to crop up: