Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value – that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- ANNUAL FEE None 1st yr, $95 after
FEE 5% (min $5)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card’s Additional Info
- MAX LATE FEE $35
- MAX PENALTY APR None
- GRACE PERIOD 21 days
- ONLINE RESPONSE No
RATE 24.99% (V)
FEE 5% (min $10)
TRANSACTION FEE None
- SMART CHIP Yes, chip-and-signature
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to our community.
Is there a Visa version of this card? I travel overseas frequently and the best ATM network is for Visa, not M/C.
My family's been using chase travel credit card for years. Recently that one that we used was discontinued and Chase sent us a letter that we will be issued new Chase Sapphire Preferred cards instead. So, it was a mandatory change, otherwise we had to close the account and lose the points. So, my question now is: Will we get 40 000 points after 3 months if we spent $ 4,000? Also, the account holder added 3 authorized users long time ago. Do you think she can get rewarded for that, since now we are connected to this new product that offers these rewards? I am just getting confused.... The account existed for at least 8 years and was always in good standing, so we are loyal Chase customers. I just wonder how can we get these points that were giving to people for just opening a new account with Chase...… more
if I plan on only flying once per year (domestic for continuing education courses), does it make much sense to keep the preferred once the annual fee kicks in?
Share your insights and review the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is an Editor's Pick for:
CardHub is an independent card comparison service.
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Once you click the "Apply Now" button, you will be directed to the issuer's website. Before applying, we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card shown on this page.
Ad Disclosure: Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted toward the top of the page using the designation "Sponsored Card", when applicable. Advertising may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At CardHub we try to list as many credit card offers as possible and currently have more than 1,200 offers, but we do not make any representation of listing all available offers.
Regardless of advertiser status, none of the information on CardHub constitutes a referral or endorsement of the respective issuer by us, or vice versa. Furthermore, it is important to note that the inclusion of non-sponsored cards on CardHub does not indicate that issuer's involvement with the site. Information is displayed first and foremost for helping consumers make better credit card decisions.
User generated content on this page is not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase. In addition, it is not Chase's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Last updated on: Nov 26th, 2015 at 6:18 EST