- Required Credit Score: Excellent, Good
- Annual Fee:$69
- Network: VISA
- Rating:4.54.5 / 5 from 168 reviews Write a Review!
|Initial Bonus 25,000 points||Base Earn 1 point / $1||Max Earn 2 points / $1||Earn / Redeem Limit No|
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account - as of October 1, 2013, currently enough for an average roundtrip fare when redeemed for Southwest®'s Wanna Get Away® Fares. Some roundtrip flights are not available for 25,000 points.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines. Plus, 2 points per $1 you spend on Southwest Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases.
- Earn 1 Point per $1 Spent on all other purchases.
- Receive 3,000 Points every year after your Cardmember Anniversary - which can be redeemed for a $50 Wanna Get Away® Fare
- Enjoy International flights to over 800 destinations on 50+ global carriers, overnight stays at over 70,000 hotels worldwide, car rentals from major brands, amazing getaways, and gift cards from your favorite retailers. Redeem your points for travel benefits and getaways.
- September 11th Security Fee Applies.
- Your Bags Fly Free. Unlimited Reward Seats, No Blackout Dates, and Points Don't Expire.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 in balance transfers, up to 10,000 points, within the first 90 days of opening your account.
|Intro Rate Not Offered||Intro Period N/A||Regular Rate 15.24% (V)|
|Intro RateNot Offered||Intro PeriodN/A||Regular Rate15.24% (V)||Balance Transfer Fee 3%|
|Cash Advance Rate 19.24% (V)||Cash Advance Fee 3% (min $10)|
- Max Late Fee: $35
- Max Overlimit Fee: None
- Max Penalty APR: 29.99% (V)
- Grace Period: 21 days
- Online Response: No
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
If you are interested in the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, check out the following credit cards as well:
Compare the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card against other major online credit card offers.
Depending on your situation, you might want to consider closing the card, waiting for a few months and then applying for the offer listed on this page ;)
Southwest Airlines Co., operating as Southwest Airlines, is the world's largest low-cost carrier headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA. The airline was established in 1967, adopting its current name in 1971. Classified as a major carrier, it carries the most domestic passengers of any U.S. airline as of June 5, 2011.
- 0% APR Credit Cards
- Balance Transfer Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Cash Back Credit Cards
- Low Interest Credit Cards
- Prepaid Debit Cards
- Reward Credit Cards
- Secured Credit Cards
- Student Credit Cards
- Travel Rewards Credit Cards
We work hard to present you with the most accurate credit card information, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Certain offers originate from paying advertisers, and this will be noted on a card’s details page, when applicable.
Before applying for a credit card we recommend that you review and verify the credit card terms and conditions on the credit card company's web site. Please let us know if you find any differences related to the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card shown on this page.
Last updated on: Dec 10th, 2013 at 11:43 EST
The online credit card
application for this card uses
Secure SSL Technology